On this week’s show I get to speak to the fabulous Jill Whalen. Jill is a professional conference speaker, trainer and writer, she’s a retired website marketing consultant who underwent a huge transformation from being a bit of a coach potato with an allergy to vegetables to someone who is now into yoga, running, spirituality, and healthy eating! Jill now shares her experience of personal and business transformation with others.
Before Jill came across the three principles, she’d suffered with years of anxiety so I thought she’d be a super person to speak to see how she overcame anxiety, what’s changed for her and how that change happened!
Jill was great! These were my best bits:
- Anxiety is so often caused by not feeling good enough. That feeling often leads to all kinds of addictions too – basically ways of making us feel better about ourselves. It’s so freeing when we see that it’s only thought making us feel not good enough and we’re actually always perfect inside, overcoming anxiety is easy from that place.
- Just start to look inside and you’ll realise that it’s NOT the outside world creating your feelings! That can be difficult to begin with as the ego can have a tight hold on you but the more you notice that your feelings are coming from thought, the more layers of ‘ego slime’ drop away.
- Start noticing how made up all your labels are. Jill talked about realising that she’d made up all these beliefs about herself – that she couldn’t sing in public or that she hated healthy foods – seeing the thought-created nature of her labels, was a big clue to the thought created nature of her experience.
If you have any questions for Jill then please leave a comment below.
Resources and links we spoke about
Please be a love and write a review!
It would be wonderful if you could give a rating and a short honest review honest review on iTunes here. This makes a tonne of difference to the show’s ranking in iTunes – so YOU’LL be helping to let more people know about their inborn happiness!
As it stands, it’s impossible to link directly to a show in iTunes but that’s the only place one can rate, review and subscribe. Doh! So, here’s what you do (it sounds much time-consuming written down than it actually is!)
1. Go to the iTunes preview
2. Click the little blue button under The Born Happy Show’s logo ‘View in iTunes’ (see image on the right)
3. Click the link ‘Ratings and reviews’
4. Click the tiny grey button ‘Write a review’
5. Give a star rating, write a review and click ‘Submit’
Thank you, it’s SO appreciated! xo
Don’t forget to subscribe!That way you’ll get a fresh episode delivered to your phone every Thursday. or you can subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
Love, Lian xo